BMW R 90 S Flat-twin engine! Build your own classic, working BMW flat-twin model from 1973 * 200-part-kit * 1:2 scale transparent working model * Working five-speed gearbox * Original engine sound * Collector’s manual The R 90 S was one of the motorcycle icons of the 1970s par excellence, and considered by many to be one of the greatest motorcycles ever made. When it came on the market in 1973 it was one of the fastest series production motorcycles of its time and the top-of-the-range model of the “/6” type series made by the Bavarian motorcycle manufacturer. With this package you can enjoy a transparent functional model of the two-cylinder flat engine of the legendary BMW R 90 S which fascinates its numerous fans worldwide to this day. A special highlight of the model kit is its true-to-life five-speed gearbox. Fun technology for you and your whole family! The construction kit Assemble a detailed transparent engine model of the R 90 S in around three hours – including a five-speed gearbox. All parts of the model kit move exactly like the original does. The components are easy to stick and screw together – without any adhesive. The manual: knowledge, fun and assembly instructions The high-quality manual offers lots of both fun and knowledge. Learn about the history of Beemer motorcycles and understand the successful concept of the flat-twin engine. Numerous illustrations provide a deep insight into the fascinating world of the “superbike” R 90 S. With the help of the detailed step-by-step construction manual you can build your own flat-twin engine, either for your workshop or your living room. Show the world that there is an engineer inside you waiting to come out! Additionally required: 3 x 1.5 V batteries (AA) This is not a toy! Not suitable for children under 14 years.
- Includes museum issued collector’s manual. Official BMW licensed product.
- 200 part kit. No glue or special tools necessary; build it yourself in about 3 hours
- 1:2 scale transparent working model; see all parts move through the high quality plastic casing
- Working five-speed gearbox; flip through the legendary BMW gearbox and witness the engineering
- Original engine sound; recorded from an actual r90 airhead flat six. Once built, press the button and experience the engine’s sights and sounds